If you are unhappy with the way your teeth (or one tooth) look, veneers may be a great way to fix your smile. At Dental Innovations, we specialize in dental veneers to help you get the great smile you’ve always wanted. Learn more about how veneers work and how they compare to other options below.
What are veneers used for?
Veneers can be used for a number of reasons. These include:
• To cover up any discolorations on your teeth (whether these are caused by stains, excessive fluoride use, a root canal procedure, or a lot of fillings)
• To quickly and easily close gaps between teeth
• To fix worn down/broken/chipped teeth
• To improve uneven/irregularly shaped/misaligned teeth
What are the advantages?
Veneers have quite a few advantages over crowns or other teeth fixing procedures. These are as follows:
• Veneers result in a natural tooth appearance
• Veneers are stain-resistant
• The color of your veneer can actually make the rest of your teeth look whiter
• Veneers don’t require a lot of shaping/tooth removal like crowns do
• Your gums will typically tolerate the veneers very well
There are a few downsides to veneers, and we will discuss these with you to be sure you are getting the right treatment. Some of the downsides are:
• Veneers may be more expensive because they are generally not covered by insurance
• They are considered irreversible because of the enamel being removed
• They are not repairable
• Your teeth may become more sensitive to hot/cold foods or drinks
• If you clench or grind your teeth, veneers may not be a good option
Contact us if you are considering veneers for your dental needs. We would be happy to help you decide if they are the right option for you. Click below to call or email us for an appointment.