Discolored teeth and stains can be caused by a number of factors. These may include:
• Drinking coffee, red wine, tea, or dark sodas
• The natural aging process (your teeth will lose their shine/color over time)
• Trauma to the teeth or a root canal procedure (can cause a gray/brown color)
• Too much plaque and tartar on the teeth
• Ingestion of too much fluoride (water is often treated with fluoride)
At Dental Innovations Katy, we will advise you on the best possible treatment for your teeth. We’ll factor in the extent of the discoloration, your tooth sensitivity, and any health issues. Then we can provide you with custom-molded teeth whitening trays for your at-home use. You’ll typically wear the trays for 2-4 weeks, either for an hour or two a day or overnight. Your dentist will advise you on how much of the product to use and when to wear the trays.
Contact us to make an appointment regarding teeth whitening. We would love to help you achieve the great smile you’ve always wanted!